This is the perfect season to make this delicious homemade chicken noodle soup. It’s also Ideal if you are sick and in need of a pick-me-up.
In this post I will go over the ingredients needed to execute this recipe as well as the instructions.
- 2 Chicken Breast – bone-in
- 1 large onion cut in big chunks
- 3 garlic cloves cut in half
- 1 carrot cut in big chunks
- 1 tomato-whole
- 1/2 cup of Calabaza squash or pumpkin
- 1 Cube Bouillon Chicken
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 8 oz. Angel hair pasta or whole wheat thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 10 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash of Tabasco sauce
1. Cut all vegetables and place them in a medium pot with the 10 cups of water, add the chicken breast and bring to a boil, lower temperature to medium-low and add the cube bouillon chicken, salt and pepper, cilantro, and cover for 45 minutes.
2. Take the chicken out and place it on a plate to cook down. Once it cools down shred and keep it aside until the end.
3. Strain all the vegetables and liquid which will be placed in a medium pot.
4. Bring liquid to boil and add the pasta, cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 8 minutes covered.
5. Uncover and add the shredded chicken. Mix well, correct salt and pepper if needed. Add a dash of Tabasco sauce and serve, enjoy!