This famous and delicious pasta is a favorite among many and for good reason! This pasta Alla Vodka with grilled chicken is the perfect quick dish to make for friends and family on any occasion.
- 1 pack of penne pasta (16oz) or any type of pasta or preference
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of vodka
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (thinly shop, pomi)
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped basil
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Extra Virgen Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup reserved water from cooking pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan for garnish
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the water pasta after draining.
Sauté the garlic, onions, and the red pepper flakes in the Extra Virgen Olive Oil over medium heat for 5 minutes and then add the tomato paste and cook for 5 more minutes, add the tomato pomi sauce, keep cooking and then add the vodka and cook for 6 minutes, lower temperature to low and add the heavy cream, cook for 4 minutes, add the parsley, salt and pepper, stir, add the pasta and pasta water. Turn off the heat, serve and garnish with Extra Virgen Olive Oil and parmesan.
- 4 to 5 thinly cut breast
- 1 garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgen olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat grilling pan to medium-high, add chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken breast into thin slices and put over pasta. Enjoy!
My pasta Alla vodka with grilled chicken recipe is very easy and will be loved by all. If you enjoy gnocchi you can substitute the pasta for that and it will also be delicious. If you are looking for other recipes for inspiration check out my other blogs.